Respect for soil biodiversity: thanks to proper soil management it is possible to keep the microbial flora of the soil unaltered and active for the mineralization of organic matter.
Fertilizing without chemical fertilizers, mowing and working the land instead of weeding, spontaneous grassing against soil erosion are some examples of the work we have been carrying out for years in the vineyards.
Respect for the natural cycle of the vine plant: low yields per hectare, manual processing, no irrigation, limitation of damage from the action of parasites mainly using copper sulphate and sulfur.
Maintenance of small woods among the vineyards for the repopulation and maintenance of the ideal habitat for the local fauna.
Placement of bird nests in vineyards.
Maintenance of dirt roads and ditches for the regulation of water flows.
80% of our vineyards can be reached on foot from ourcantina, limited use of tractors or other machinery with significant savings in polluting emissions.
Completely natural winemaking process; low and reasoned use of quantities of sulfur dioxide.
Respect and attention to health and the safety of the agricultural operator and the consumer
We support and we practice
WE ARE IN POSSESSION OF “THE GREEN EXPERIENCE” CERTIFICATION
We are part of the Piedmontese network of producers who practice green, rethought and sustainable viticulture.
The specification The Green Experience, whose logo is marked by the blue butterfly, is aimed at integrated productions, attentive to environmental sustainability and care for the landscape.
Over 1,200 wineries in the Langhe and Roero have been involved in 3 years, experimenting with them over 700 hectares of green manure and 500 of sexual confusion.
There are ten rules at the basis of The Green Experience: eco-sustainable solutions, reduction in the use of chemical products in favor of agronomic and natural solutions.
1. Eco-compatible and eco-sustainable viticulture and production
2. Protection of biodiversity and the natural environment
3. Aesthetic protection of the natural and man-made landscape
4. Priority to agronomic solutions and respect for the soil
5. Elimination of chemical weed control in the rows
6. Sowing of herbaceous and floral essences in the vineyard
7. Spread of useful pollinator insects
8. Placement of functional bird nests for cultivation
9. Respect and honesty towards the consumer
10. Traceability of controls and external certification